CDC-S is the first choice for project management services, boasting a business consulting services portfolio of over 250 successful projects, and a list of prestigious awards and certificates of recognition, including:
- 2009 Kamoso Award – Recognition of State Enterprise Supporting EPWP;
- 2009 Kamoso Award – Best Public Body Supporting Contractor Development;
- 2008 Kamoso Award -- EPWP Contractor Development Award;
- 2007 Big-news National Enterprise Development Award;
- 2006 2nd National EPWP Award;
- 2006 Best National EPWP Supervisor Award
ACHIEVEMENTS THROUGH BUSINESS CONSULTING SERVICES
More than 1900 jobs were created by CDC-S in the 2008/09 financial year. Groups targeted for development through CDC-S project management services were youth and women, and approximately 30% of projects were allocated to SME’s.
Development of Best Practices
CDC-S provides the necessary support to provincial government and state-owned enterprises, particularly business consulting services for infrastructure development projects. Just one example of this is the development of the Specification for Social and Economic Deliverables in Construction Works Contracts, which will ensure that the objectives of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG), Accelerated and Shared Growth Initiative for South Africa (ASGISA) and Joint Initiative on Priority Skills Acquisition (JIPSA) are realised. This best practice benchmark was developed in conjunction with the Construction Industrial Development Board (CIDB) and the Business Trust Unit that supports the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP).